Friday, March 30, 2012

A to Z. It's Easy as 1,2,3... Shakespeare! #atozchallenge

HAPPY FRIDAY BLOG READERS!!! Aside from it being the weekend, I am ever so happy to announce that the 2012 A-Z Challenge is starting in TWO DAYS!!! On Sunday, thousands of bloggers will be posting their "A" post so get ready to visit multiple sites :)

If you haven't noticed, I haven't posted much this week. Well that's because i'v been writing my A-Z Posts and scheduling them :P This isn't necessarily bad because it gets me ahead of the game. Our amazing A-Z hosts posted earlier about some tips on how to succeed during the month of April. 
10 sure ways to win the #atozchallenge !That is the best part about the April A to Z Blogging Challenge, we all have a huge shot at winning.
What is a #atozchallenge win?
A win is completing all the 26 posts, receiving lots of comments, visiting as many blogs as humanly possible, and making hordes of friends.
How to do this:
1. Kiss: Keep It (your post) Simple, Short.
2. Get a Theme: Themes make your posts easier for you to write, and for readers to remember and comment on. 
3. Post every day: This one is obvious, or you'll be taken off the linky list. I think.
4. Pre-schedule: It is not a crime, but rather a convenience. Feel free to write posts in advance so you concentrate on visits.
5. Check Calendar:  There's a challenge calendar in the sidebar below if you scroll down, follow it so you don't end up posting on S when everyone is on T
6. Turn off: Turning off word verifications increases comments, not spam. I've turned it off for good since last year.
7. Visit blogs: Start with those below you on the linky list so everyone gets love. Aim for at least 10 new blogs a day. I'm aiming for 40, but I need to do my hosting duties.
8. Comment love: Comment unto those who comment unto you, and then loads more.
9. Social Media: Broadcast your posts on all media with the #atozchallenge tag
10. Relax, have fun: It is not just about quantity, it is also about quality.
There, you have a win! 
               -http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com
Aside from these amazing tips, I have just started a major book in school. Have you ever heard of Shakespeare? Obviously you have otherwise why would you be on my blog :P We just started Romeo and Juliet today and I must say, it's got some wicked dialect! Not to mention in the first 5 pages it has some pretty naughty language. But have no fear, the FOLGER Shakespeare Library edition is here! it gives you translations for those tough lines you just can not understand. For example, one of the most famous Romeo and Juliet quotes:

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name.
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet, 2.2

That's pretty simple to understand but the beginning is pretty rough.
So my English teacher is the best ever! I bet you never had a teacher who went to both Harvard and Yale. He is the coolest and best English teacher I have ever had. He's going to be helping me out with Divination and other books etc. Anyways, are you ready for Feedback Friday?

Feedback Friday

"To be or not to be, that is the question." Hamlet Act III Scene I

In old times, when people spoke Elizabethan English, Shakespeare would write plays that would be remembered as some of the best of all time! 
My favorite Shakespeare play is A Midsummer Nights Dream. This is by far my favorite because even though I read it last year, the detail and plot are just so profound! 

"This drama is one of the great comedy plays by William Shakespeare. The play revolves around the adventures of four young lovers, a group of amateur actors and their interactions with the fairies who inhabit a moonlit forest. The story takes place in Midsummer and is a complex farce featuring Hermia & Lysander and Helena & Demetrius. Their romantic intrigues are confused and complicated still further by entering the forest where Oberon, the King of the Fairies and his Queen, Titania, preside. Puck (or Robin Goodfellow) is a major character who is full of mischief and tricks. Other visitors to the enchanted forest include Bottom the weaver and his friends Snug, Snout, Quince and Flute the amateur dramatists who want to rehearse their terrible but hilarious version of the play Pyramus and Thisbe." -http://www.globe-theatre.org.uk

For this Feedback Friday, I want to know what your favorite Shakespeare play is. What is your favorite line or quote and what is your favorite part about it. 

I can't wait to read all of your amazing comments and see what plays you like. Enjoy the weekend! I have to get back to those A-Z posts and knock out a good 5+ more. 

Cheers!
-Yadin


EDIT: The first 2 A-Z Posts are going to be long... sorry :P I kinda found my post length and style around "C" so don't fret if you see a really long post ;P 


Thanks!

19 comments:

  1. Excellent tips! Next month is just going to rock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit is due to the amazing A-Z heads; not to me :P But yes, tomorrow/next month is gonna be amazing :)

      Delete
  2. Those are great tips! I can't wait for the Challenge to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Credit is due to the A-Z Heads for the tips :P Their amazing ideas make it possible :)

      I can't wait either :) Make sure to come back tomorrow for the start of an amazing month :)

      Delete
  3. Good advice here for all the A to Z-ers and some culture as well.


    Lee
    Sad Songs Blogfests—Places I Remember
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee :) yet credit is due to the A-Z Heads for the tips :P

      I hope to see you over here for my posts starting tomorrow morning at 12am :)

      Cheers!

      Delete
  4. I'm all ready to go! Let's do this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, Shakespeare is definitely one of the best authors of all time, in my opinion. I'm with you on a Midsummer Nights Dream.
    Looking forward to your challenge posts, long or not, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Geoff :) I await your feedback and comments :)

      Cheers!

      Delete
  6. I'm just another participant in A to Z challenge saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always check out the blogs of people that comment on my blog or follow it. After you stopped by mine, I followed you here. Nice posts! I like the subjects, I'm now following, and I will be back...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog. Good that you reposted the A to Z blogging tips. Can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never know how long my post will be until I have it written. I have two blogs in the challenge, one I have mostly figured out, but not written. The other I figure out my post when that day comes. I don't even have a topic for A on that one yet. Shhh... don't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in too. It's almost time! I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool ill await for your a-z hope you visit mine too here http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/2012/03/z-artists.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the same problem. Finding my post length. I'm sure you did great!

    ReplyDelete

Reader,

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :) I try responding to all my comments so check back for your reply. Thanks again for leaving a comment and please remember to not be a troll otherwise your comment is gonna go bye bye :P


Thanks again!
-Yadin